Sunday, September 6, 2015

Inside The EDM Mind

Why did I choose EDM music? It has been a major factor in my life for the past year or so. I never really saw the entire beauty of it until my brother, Matt, took me to a festival here in Michigan called Electric Forest. The festival itself is more widely known than I thought it would be.
This genre of music has blown up the past couple of years and has really blossomed. It has become very influential on modern day music industries. It is more than just rappers that you can’t even understand what they are saying. The industry has a brand new type of talent. It still involves some of the jazz type instruments, the flute, trumpet, and saxophone. It also involves some percussion, there are many artists that are really good drummers as well. There is so much talent that is involved with the making of EDM music. So, time to get back on track with the reasoning for EDM music being my choice for this blog. I have really gotten into mixing music and taking my favorite songs and making a mix of them. I just recently made my first mix that I posted on SoundCloud and to my surprise I had gotten five likes in the first day. That doesn’t sound like much, but to someone who posted their first mix ever getting almost immediate attention for it feels amazing. It lets me know that there are other people out there who appreciate my taste of music and the way I put different pieces together.
Whenever I am in the car I have SoundCloud up on my phone playing my playlist of my favorite EDM songs through the stereo. Listening to the music in my car, blasting it with my nice speakers where I can feel the bass, is so much fun. However, being at a festival where there are forty thousand plus people all waiting for that one artist to step on stage so they can completely blow your mind with their creativity is one moment you will never forget. The risers, the drops, the waves of bass that make you feel your hairs vibrate.
All of that is one experience that I will cherish and hope to be a part of again. To whoever is reading this, if you are into or get into EDM music in the future and have the chance to go to any festival, I want to tell you that it is a life changing event. Going to Electric Forest this past year has turned me into that modern day hippie kind of guy. I still have my old self, the more stay at home and play games or go play sports guy, but if I get a chance to go see some of my favorite artists in concert, I will take that opportunity in a heartbeat. So, to basically sum up why I chose EDM as my blog, I have always enjoyed listening to this genre, I really enjoy making my own mixes, and lastly, I just recently got into going to festivals and they have forever changed my life.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I'm excited for this blog, because I don't know much about EDM, but I've heard it's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never personally been to an EDM concert but I listen to that kind of music all the time. One of my favorite artists is Skrillex and I hope to maybe go see an EDM concert one day.

    ReplyDelete