Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Best Weekend of My Life. Day Three

The third morning was the only morning not like the other. It wasn’t stifling hot in the tent when I woke up. Matt and one of our friends, Ryan, had stayed up all night talking, and when I woke up around seven in the morning, they were sitting around the campsite in chairs and didn’t look tired at all. I was so confused, but I didn’t question it and just got a pop-tart. Another late start for the gang concert wise as we decided to walk around the market and shop for a bit. The earliest concert that we wanted to go see was Lindsey Stirling and she didn’t play until 6:30. Lindsey isn’t like the other EDM artists that I’ve been listening to for the past couple days. She is a ballerina dancing, violin playing, performer and her concerts are a must see. Not just the music that she plays, which is beautiful, but her actual performance is always enchanting.
One way that she describes her music is “melodic enough for her grandma to like, but electric enough for the young adult generation.” She played all the songs I knew by her and many more. Still to this day I think her performance is my favorite of the whole festival and it was perfect that she played a Jubilee, basically a circus tent stage. So after Stirling, we headed next door to listen to The Werks who are more of a jam band that really didn’t suit my fancy, but luckily, tonight was the main event over at Ranch Arena. The String Cheese Incident perform three nights for three and a half hours each time. Saturday Night Cheese, which is what they call it, is the most amazing and chaotic event that you’ll ever see at Electric Forest. About half of our group was there at the beginning and was saving our spots. Matt, a couple others, and I were walking up to the stage and what my eyes witnessed blew my mind.
Multiple small blimps flying around with neon, flashing colors. Big, blooming fireworks. Gigantic purplish, pinkish, reddish balls bouncing around the crowd. A medium sized hot air balloon over the crowd with an acrobat hanging from it. All of this while String Cheese was jamming out. We made our way through the thick, hot crowd as I called Josh Deschaine on my phone to figure out where they were. Eventually both groups met up and we waited for the artist we were all super excited to see, Bassnectar. 
After twenty minutes of technical difficulties, Lorin marched on stage. He was amazing. His set was like sitting in a chair in the water at the beach and the waves that surface is the tempo of his music. Fast, slow, fast, slow. The multiple stacks of twenty some speakers rippled as his bass was emitted into the crowd and made the hairs all over your arms and legs stand up. Nectar was the biggest artist there and had almost all of the 55,000 people listening to his music. After Lorin completely blew everyone’s mind, my brother and I headed into the forest to listen to this new guy named Russ Liquid. He is a DJ who also plays the trumpet, flute, and saxophone. He’s got some funky music to listen to and I can see this guy getting bigger and performing on the main stage instead of the little forest stage. Half way through his set Matt and I got tired and we both headed back to camp. Unfortunately, we only had one more day of this paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment