Monday, September 21, 2015

Best Weekend of My Life. Day Two

Day two and another hot morning. I was up and out of the tent right as I awoke. We all did our basic daily routine, eat, get dressed, shower, all that jazz. Today was when the real fun started. The first day the music doesn’t start until four, but today, it starts at one in the afternoon. Looking back on it, I wish I went and did yoga at noon at Trip-O-Lee, but I guess I’ll have to do that next year. Everyone at camp was still acclimating to everything. We were all tired and there weren’t any big names that we wanted to hear that were early in the day so we all took our time before heading into the venue for the day. It’s about a ten minute walk from camp to the entrance. A couple of our group members wanted to go see Everyone Orchestra at the stage Jubilee. Jubilee is basically, a giant, pink circus tent that you walk into and there is a decent sized stage in the back. Everyone Orchestra is a group made up of musicians from all different groups. Just a hodgepodge of different instruments. It was pretty interesting to listen to. So, before I was really into EDM music, like I am now, I listened to rap. G-Eazy was performing after Everyone Orchestra so I was really interested in seeing him perform. He was incredible!
 You could feel the different vibe of the crowd compared to all of the EDM groups. Everyone was just jamming out to some rap for once. He really interacted with the crowd. “I want to be here for the whole week, not just today!” he said mid performance. After G-Eazy, there wasn’t anyone big that I wanted to see for a while so I ventured through the forest for a while with my brother. There is some trippy stuff in the forest. Clouds that flash and change colors, a dragon statue made out of CD’s that emits smoke, a ten by ten square of LED light poles that change color and do different effects. You can get lost in there just looking at everything. There are also two stages in there as well. So after some time, I wanted to go back to camp to change into something warmer because it was almost nine at night and the temp had spiked downward. When we got back into the venue we waited around and met up with the rest of the group. Some of them wanted to go see the band Lettuce and Lotus over at Sherwood Court, but those artists are more jam bands and I’m not that into that type of music. Instead a couple of us went and saw the one artist I’ve been looking forward to, Skrillex. He killed it! I still watch the video of his set on YouTube. 
Apparently the first time Skrillex performed at Electric Forest he got so messed up that he couldn’t go on stage, so I guess this year he wanted to make up for it. I got pretty lucky. So many flashing lights and fog machines and confetti and fireworks. Oh my gosh was his set amazing! After my mind was completely blown, my brother headed back to camp because he was pretty tired and I went to Trip-O-Lee to see Flux Pavilion. Flux doesn’t have as much bass as Skrillex, but his drops are ridiculous. 
I recorded my favorite song on my phone, but I too got really tired like my brother and ended up leaving before the set was over and I went back to camp and went to bed “early” a.k.a. three in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment