Sunday, September 13, 2015

Best Weekend of My Life. Day One

Wednesday, June 24th was here. It was time to say goodbye to my mom and dad and venture to Electric Forest with my brother and our friends for my first festival. I was very excited and super nervous at the same time. I had heard stories about it, but I still didn’t know what to fully expect. Matt, my brother, and I packed up the car and headed over to our buddies’, Chandler and Nate, apartment. The crew was meeting up there before caravanning to Rothbury, Michigan where the amount of people in Rothbury was about to grow by fifty-five thousand within the next twelve hours.
 Everyone that was driving with us had arrived at the apartment and the time had come. Everyone pooled into their cars and made the two and a half hour trek to Electric Forest. It was so crazy there, we had arrived around ten p.m. that night. All of the cars file into about ten different lines to go through the vehicle search. That took a couple hours and was the longest part of the trip. Finally when we got to our camp site we started getting our tents all set up. Luckily Matt and I bought one of the tents that sets up in thirty seconds. While I was filling up our blow up mattress everyone else was struggling trying to put their tent together. Eventually everything was set up and we all just sat around the campsite until everyone passed out. You could not sleep past nine a.m. It got so hot inside that tent that you had to have a fan on high and nothing on top of you. So we all get up and out of the tent and get ready for the first day. We all get dressed, eat some breakfast, brush our teeth, and shower. To walk into the venue, you have to wait in a long line that winds back and forth until you reach a bag check and pat down area. While walking through the line, everyone high fives and celebrates the first day of Forest. Inside there are seven different stages. Three big ones and four small ones. Two of the smaller stages are inside the actual forest. When we first showed up we went past the first stage to the second one called Ranch Arena and I got to see my very first EDM concert.
 The artist was named Galantis and he was pretty good, but not my favorite. Afterwards we headed through the Forest and looked at all the cool things in there as we made our way back to Sherwood Court which is another one of the bigger stages. Mr. Carmack was playing back there and he had some pretty good songs, and some of them I have on my SoundCloud. We were just wasting time until the main event for the day was on. So after a while we headed back to Ranch Arena to listen to Borgeous for a bit until, one of my favorite artists, Shpongle played. Shpongle has a weird, trippy sound. The type of music you would see some people take acid to. I, personally, do not do drugs or drink, but I do enjoy Shpongle’s music because it’s so interesting. After Shpongle, Odesza was due up. Odesza is a music group of two brothers that DJ and play the drums. They have a lot of cool, chiller music that you could lay out in a hammock and just star gaze to. I really enjoyed their set they played and still enjoy driving around listening to some Odesza.
So after they were done, it was almost midnight and Matt and I were really tired. The first day is usually the worst for trying to stay up for all the concerts. So he and I headed back to camp and got ready for bed. Personally, it was kind of hard falling asleep that night because at our campsite you can still hear the first stage, Trip-O-Lee. Eventually I drifted off into a deep sleep until, of course, 9 a.m. the next morning. Unfortunately, that story is for my next blog post.

1 comment: