Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Freaky Deaky

So almost everyone likes Halloween. A lot of people are going trick or treating or passing out candy. Some of the young adults are going to go to parties and be with friends. All of that sounds fun, but what I’d prefer to do is go to Freaky Deaky in Detroit at the Masonic Temple.

Excision, one of the first EDM artists I listened to is performing alongside Doctor P and Sound Remedy. I am not quite sure if I will be going. I would love to, but unfortunately I will probably have plans with my girlfriend and our family’s. Excision’s song Bass Cannon is probably my favorite. It starts out with what sounds like a Decepticon from Transformers. It sounds pretty demonic and it is really fun playing it pretty loud at night with some friends who haven’t heard it. They start to hear the voice and just look at you like it’s the weirdest thing they’ve heard. I love listening to the song in my car where I can really feel the bass right after he says “Fire!” It just hits so hard and it’s awesome. Another good song by Excision that I like is called Robo Kitty.


I know that sounds weird, but his performance in Dallas was awesome for this song. I saw a video of it on YouTube, no I didn’t actually go see him in Dallas. Plus it is cats, who doesn’t like cats and dubstep? I mean come on! Now other than those two, I don’t really know a lot more songs. I do know some of his mixes though, which are really good and I always enjoy a car ride listening to them, or putting them on when I have something to do that will take a while. My favorite mix has to be Shambhala Mix 2015.

Shambhala Mix 2015 link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drOUeqEoT0

 It is just so original compared to the other mixes out there. The beginning is sweet. It’s a phone call to this “Electronic Dance Music Generator” and he’s picking a category of what type of song he wants it to make. After the call ends, he just drops fire. Obviously it wasn’t an actual generator that made his song, he’s just that amazing. I know I said in the last blog that Animals by Martin Garrix was one of the first real experiences with EDM, but I’ve had a lot more experiences before that. Animals was just a song that became a memory of my hockey team. Excision takes me back to my early high school days. Jamming out to some weird sounding voice that fires a bass cannon. For a while I didn’t really listen to Excision because I wasn’t really looking for EDM music, but I’m glad that he’s still out there producing some amazing sounding dubstep. He’s one of the first main EDM artists I listened to and it’s amazing getting to hear his old shit and some of his new.

No comments:

Post a Comment